There are six computers in the house running Ubuntu (two are laptops) so there still a few more upgrades to go, but the process is underway (caching makes subsequent upgrades much faster).
The good news is that the upgrade to one machine – usually run as a headless email/web/squid server fixed a few configuration problems there, so not everything is bad.
The most annoying things remain (in no particular order) with Unity:
1. Lost the applets from the desktop. Knowing the temperature outside was occasionally useful and knowing the CPU temperature could sometimes be a pointer to a runaway process on the box.
2. Not being able to switch desktops with a single mouse click.
3. Not being able to see what applications I am running.
4. Not being to switch applications with a single mouse click.
Maybe all these are fixable?
- Ubuntu 11.04 released, a Natty Narwhal rises from the depths (arstechnica.com)
- Upgrade to Ubuntu 11.04 “Natty Narwhal” (flossstuff.wordpress.com)
- Jono Bacon: Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal Released (jonobacon.org)
- Ubuntu ‘Natty Narwhal’ breaks the surface (go.theregister.com)
- Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty Narwhal) Has Been Released (chedean.com)