I have sort-of abandoned my Apple Air Book for serious work this last week – going back to a 2008/9 Toshiba laptop (another Morgan Computers purchase) running Linux.
The Apple is a lovely device to travel with and is beautiful, if extremely expensive, device with which to browse the web, but a decade of conditioning to Linux and its command-line power and orthogonal tool set means I am much happier even with a slower machine when it comes to doing things like drawing figures with Metapost.
But having extolled the power of the command line I am wondering whether I should build a GUI for Metapost – essentially an editor panel coupled with a EPS display panel.
Metapost users seem thin on the ground – though maybe that is because a GUI tool doesn’t exist – but anyone who does use it care to comment?
- Embedded domain specific language (haskell.org)
- Weekend Project: Linux For Beginners (lxer.com)
- Why Linux May Be Better For You Than What You’re Using Now (tuts.pinehead.tv)
- I Raised My Kids On the Command Line…and They Love It (lifehacker.com)
- fr 0.99b (pypi.python.org)
- Linux Command Line & Bash Shortcuts (lxer.com)
- A Linux Game Changer? (blogs.gnome.org)