This was a commodity desktop box, first built in 2005, running Ubuntu desktop server (I built it before the server version was available). Earlier this year it suffered some sort of hardware failure and became very ill and I finally switched off about a month ago. By then all the other users in the house had stopped using the proxy, which was the main benefit, as it was so unreliable.
So far I have only implemented the proxy (though ntp comes ‘for free’ via the raspbian distribution) and it seems fine. I have a 1TB USB disk attached to it so have plenty of space to get the other stuff done too.
- Raspberry Pi gets a RAM upgrade. (technowdaily.com)
- Raspberry Pi Case with an Integrated USB Hub #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi (adafruit.com)
- @mcmelectronics goes all out Pi #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi (adafruit.com)
- Optimize The Power Of Your Raspberry Pi With Raspbian (makeuseof.com)
- Beer Brewing Is Hands Down the Best Use of the Raspberry Pi to Date (gizmodo.co.uk)
- Getting started pi with android (slideshare.net)
- Breaking News: I’m getting a Raspberry Pi! (americanhobbyistblog.wordpress.com)
- Getting Started With Raspberry Pi Available in Early Release #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi (adafruit.com)
- APRS iGate built using a Raspberry Pi (hackaday.com)
- Use a Raspberry Pi as a Tor Relay and Help Others Browser Anonymously [DIY] (lifehacker.com)