The Heartland Institute, reports the Guardian, are claiming that the internal memo which appears to show that they are working on plans to “dissuade teachers from teaching science” is a “total fake”.
Heartland had earlier admitted that other documents published alongside the memo were genuine, but later backtracked on that.
They then went on to refuse to discuss the matter – including, it would appear, the issue of whether the controversial memo was a fake – any further.
Much of the material in the memo is similar to that in the other documents that Heartland had earlier admitted to be genuine. But only the memo contains the statement that the ultimate aim of Heartland is to cripple science teaching through fear.
The original publishers of the leaked documents, the DeSmog blog, are standing by their story.
- Leaked Heartland Institute Documents Reveal Opposition To Science (news.slashdot.org)
- The REAL Climategate: DeSmog Blog Outs Heartland Propaganda Machine (forbes.com)
- Heartland Institute Under Scrutiny (green.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Toxic Leak Swamps Denial-ville (climatecrocks.com)
- You gets whay you pays for. And climate skeptics pay. (maureenholland.wordpress.com)
One response to “Heartland Institute claim anti-science document is a fake”
[…] Heartland Institute claim anti-science document is a fake (cartesianproduct.wordpress.com) […]