I wrote a piece a while back about why I wasn’t looking to buy a Kindle. Well, now I have got one.
To be fair to myself I did not buy it – it was a present. I quite like it – especially when faced with a long haul jet journey (as later today). But I also realise more than ever just how much power it gives Amazon over my books – that aspect of it is not nice at all.
But right now I am interested in any recommendations for jet flight reading:
- Mildly intellectually taxing thrillers
- Great literature that is also a page turner
- Essential works on computing maths that I may not have read
- Kindle owners upset after receiving free trial to “The Kindle Compass” offer from Amazon (nextlevelofnews.com)
- Amazon says soz for foisting mag sub onto Kindle-touchers (go.theregister.com)
One response to “Surrendered to the Kindle”
They’re not of recent vintage, but I think you would find most of Alistair MacLean’s novels fit your first category.