I have been ill – flu I think – for the last few days and so “blogging has been light”. But I have discovered StackExchange in the meantime.
Of course, I was always aware that StackExchange was there, but I suppose I thought of it as a parallel to “Experts-Exchange” – the awful, pay for a solution, site. But actually, once I overcame my loathing for having to login, I discovered it was a series of communities based on trust and free exchange of information, with acceptable behaviour policed through user activism and a really good “karmic” points system.
I have even been able to answer a couple of questions!
- Check Out “Pro Webmasters” at Stack Exchange (dailyblogtips.com)
- RPG Stack Exchange – A Year Later (geek-related.com)
- New R-generated Video: Has StackOverflow Posting Behavior Changed Over Time? (r-bloggers.com)
- Social Networks for Math Majors (wpgaurav.wordpress.com)
- Stack Overflow is now the official support platform for Facebook Developers (stackoverflow.com)