Having used Groovy (which makes the scripting environment feel familiar) and some Scheme (via Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs), R does feel completely alien, but it still feels like a steep learning curve.
But here’s my short script –
unpatched <- read.csv("~/unpatched.txt") unpatchcons <- transform(unpatched, realm=realm*60 + reals) attach(unpatchcons) linelog<-lm(realm~size) plot(size, realm, log="y") abline(reg=linelog, untf=TRUE, col="blue",lty=3) detach(unpatchcons)
And here’s the graph (of Linux kernel compile times) it generates – the blue line is obviously a very bad fit!
- Number Representation in 2′s Power using PHP (demlaip.wordpress.com)
- Topcoder – MountainWalk (tuanwiki.wordpress.com)
- Web And Scripting Programming Language Job Trends – August 2011 (regulargeek.com)
- Introducing the lackeyml format (cartesianproduct.wordpress.com)
- Sicp (sicpebook.wordpress.com)
- New electronic version of SICP released ” SICP (sicpebook.wordpress.com)
- The price of syntactical sugar? (cartesianproduct.wordpress.com)