Some time ago I wrote an article about space rock 2009 BD and it’s close pass to Earth on 2 June.
The article generated a lot of traffic from people searching for the end of the world on that date, so I thought I’d test if there were lots of people looking for the world to end on any given date or if there had been something special about 2 June 2011.
To do that I wrote an article questioning if the world would end on 2 July 2011 and then sat back to watch the traffic. The result:
- It seems there was a special interest in June 2011 as a world ending time – and 2 June in particular; but
- there are clearly also people looking for the end of the world on any given day.
So, to repeat, there are no reasons to believe world will end in July 2011 or July 2111 for that matter.
Read Paranormality: Why we see what isn’t there if all this worries you. You won’t regret it.
- First “end of the world in July 2011″ hit (cartesianproduct.wordpress.com)
- The end of the world: an experiment (cartesianproduct.wordpress.com)
- So, the world did not end after all (cartesianproduct.wordpress.com)
- Astronomy : Close Asteroid Flyby on June 27th 2011 (via boldcorsicanflame’s Blog) (crufc.ca)
- End of the world watch (cartesianproduct.wordpress.com)