So, I have taken the Belkin RT2500 card out and replaced it with a decade old DLink DWL-650 (a locked down PCMCIA <–> PCI bridge) – this has a Prism chipset and so should work. But right now I cannot even get the wireless card to come up, never mind bridge it…
adrian@dragoneye:~$ sudo hostapd -ddd /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf
[sudo] password for adrian:
Configuration file: /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf
Failed to create interface mon.wlan1.
nl80211 driver initialization failed.
wlan1: Unable to setup interface.
More as I get it…
- Wired to wireless bridge in Ubuntu Linux (cartesianproduct.wordpress.com)
- Wireless bridge: seems I spoke too soon (cartesianproduct.wordpress.com)
- How to solve: No wireless network in Ubuntu 11.04 : Centrino Wireless-N 1000 (computerandu.wordpress.com)
- How to know which network adapter I’m using? (computerandu.wordpress.com)
- Automatic Wireless Network Connection At Boot (blastrix.wordpress.com)