Not about software development in the People’s Republic of China after the end of the Cultural Revolution: this “Gang of Four” are Erich Gamma, Richard Helm, Ralph Johnson and John M. Vlassides, the authors of what many (I have not read it) regard as a classic of computer books – Design patterns : elements of reusable object-oriented software.
Their book is partly a catalogue of design patterns and it is this aspect I am concerned with here.
They divided patterns into three types:
- Creational: concerned with object instantiation
- Structural: The composition and organisation of objects into larger structures
- Behavioural: Algorithms, interactions and control flow between objects
- Abstract Factory Pattern and C# Example (tjmkruger.wordpress.com)
- bits: me and the OSR, Dungeon Design Patterns from Lost Papers of Tsojcanth (tsojcanth.wordpress.com)