My article on 2009 BD, the small rock which makes a near-Earth approach this week continues to be the most popular article on the site – because there are a lot of people out there searching for information about how the world is due to end in June 2011.
It won’t happen.
Nor will 2009 BD crash into us. In fact it won’t even come close enough to be seen without some pretty powerful telescopes.
- So, the world did not end after all (cartesianproduct.wordpress.com)
- NASA to explore potentially threatening asteroid (msnbc.msn.com)
- Destination asteroids (bbc.co.uk)
- 2012: Beginning of the End or Why the World Won’t End? (matthewzavoras.wordpress.com)
- We’re Finally Going to an Asteroid and Bringing a Piece Back (techland.time.com)
- 2012 Wrong: Mayan Calendar Ends on December 24 2011 (VIDEO) (blippitt.com)