Sad to say these are that I don’t care for it very much.
The “Unity” interface is just ugly and it reminds me of the way Microsoft shifted their Office menus so that, three years on from first using it I still don’t know where familiar and useful things are.
Why does it have Ubuntu One and Ubuntu Software Centre icons in pride of place? I have never made much use of either and frankly it smacks of somebody forcing their wares on me – the sort of thing that is likely to go down like a cup of cold sick in the Linux community.
Maybe there are lots of other good things here, but I cannot find them thanks to Unity. I cannot even find my bookmarks in Firefox the way that has been messed with.
So, not good so far.
- Is Canonical the Next Apple? (news.slashdot.org)
- Ubuntu 11.04′s Unity Interface (gischethans.wordpress.com)
- Ubuntu 11.04 released, reviewed (omgubuntu.co.uk)
- The Best New Features in Ubuntu 11.04 (linearfix.wordpress.com)
- Ubuntu 11.04 (cardinesque.wordpress.com)
- Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty Narwhal) Has Been Released (chedean.com)
- Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal is out in the wild! Check it out! (pakos.me)
- Ubuntu 11.04 ‘Natty Narwhal’ Released (linearfix.wordpress.com)
- Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal released: what’s changed? (haiteq.com)
- 11.04, a leap forward (markshuttleworth.com)
- That narwhal sure is natty (gregoryhamel.net)
2 responses to “Ubuntu 11.04: first impressions”
I am waiting for the PinguyOS update. He usually takes the good from Ubuntu and Mint and fixes some of the bad…
[…] 11.04 (omgubuntu.co.uk)Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal is out in the wild! Check it out! (pakos.me)Ubuntu 11.04: first impressions (cartesianproduct.wordpress.com) var linkwithin_site_id=197701;var […]