Thew new chief botnet out there is “bagle” – and this is not such a great story. Because the bagle botnet – generally thought to have, at least originally, to be the work of one person – has been running for over seven years.
It is incredible to think that one criminal could engage in this activity – almost by definition in plain sight – and get away with it for so long.
- Spam Drops 1/3 After Rustock Botnet Gets Crushed (it.slashdot.org)
- Junk mail down 1/3 since Rustock botnet takedown (go.theregister.com)
- Botnet Rustock is no longer (mxlab.eu)
- Microsoft and SPAM (q-ontech.blogspot.com)
- Bagle shoots ahead of Rustock in spam-pumping triumph (go.theregister.com)