As I have reported before, the Amazon Kindle is a lousy product.
What is more, I have repeatedly asked Amazon for an explanation as to why they are selling e-books which are plainly not fit for purpose, but I have had no reply at all.
Now, according to the Guardian, we read that Amazon are using their dominance of the e-book market to gouge money off publishers.
When did you first become aware of “Fifty Shades of Grey”? Perhaps if you are a man rather later than if you are a woman… about six weeks ago I noticed that this book – which I had heard of (possibly because I had seen someone reading it on the Tube) was being talked about in social networks and since then the volume of chatter has risen and risen and risen.
The book is certainly cheap to buy online – but I suspect embarrassment is also a big factor in wanting to buy an electronic copy. Hopefully that means this is just a blip and not a decisive moment in the decline of bookshop sales in Britain.
- Erotic novel Fifty Shades of Grey is fastest selling paperback ever (newstalk.ie)
- KStew Might Consider Starring In Fifty Shades Of Grey Movie (perezhilton.com)
- Fifty Shades of Grey leaves records black and blue (guardian.co.uk)
- Fifty Shades of Grey ☑ (christineura.wordpress.com)
- Why Yes, I Did Read “Fifty Shades Of Grey” In Public… (bitsnbooks.wordpress.com)
- Fifty Shades of Grey (moiramillman.blogspot.com)
- Fifty Shades of Grey (righttruth.typepad.com)
- Molly Ringwald Realizes ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ Is Ridiculous (thegloss.com)